Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito
There is a really great taste affinity in this dish between the pork chops and plums, and it is a nice diversion from the usual applesauce accompaniment. It is one of my go-to recipes for company.
1. Combine the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and fennel powder. Rub the mixture over both sides of the pork chops. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the plum halves, olive oil, honey and cinnamon. Toss and place the plums and any collected juices on a sheet of aluminum foil. Crimp and close the foil. Set aside.
3. Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes. Place the pork chops on the grill and cook to desired doneness (155°F is medium).
4. While the pork chops are cooking, place the aluminum-foil package on the grill and cook for about 4–5 minutes.
5. When pork chops are done, transfer them to a serving dish. Arrange the plum halves around the dish and serve.