I like to use the largest strawberries I can find to make these elegant stuffed strawberries. Serve them on a silver tray!
12 colossal strawberries with their stems
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 ounces white chocolate
½ cup mascarpone cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Wash and dry the berries, but do not stem them.
2. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls and keep warm.
3. Cut 1/8 inch off the stem end of each strawberry and reserve. With a small spoon, hollow out the pulp from the stem end of each strawberry and place the pulp in a bowl.
4. To the pulp, add the mascarpone cheese and sugar, and beat the mixture until smooth.
5. Fill a pastry bag with the mixture and pipe some into the cavity of each strawberry. Replace the stems and place the strawberries on a serving tray.
6. Use a small fork to drizzle some of the semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate over the strawberries.