Mini Mardi Gras Meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef
1 ½ teaspoons hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
1/4 cup finely chopped shallot or onion
1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the ground beef, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, shallot, breadcrumbs, milk and egg.
- With your hands, form the mixture into whole-walnut-sized meatballs and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat is at 165ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbeque sauce and apricot preserves.
- When meatballs are done, place them in a serving dish and cover them with the barbeque sauce mixture. Toss to coat well. Serve warm.