Slow-Cooker Lasagna plays a dual role at a potluck; it is cooked and served from the same pot, which keeps the dish warm.
4 cups well-drained ricotta cheese
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into bits
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 large egg, slightly beaten with a fork
2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
5 cups tomato sauce, divided
10 no-boil lasagna sheets
1. In a bowl, combine the cheeses, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Spread about ¾ cup of the tomato sauce in the base of a slow cooker insert. Lay 2 sheets of lasagna noodles on top, overlapping them. Do not worry if the noodles do not fit exactly; they will expand as they cook and fill the space.
3. Spread 1 cup of the cheese mixture over the top of the noodles. Dot with 4 tablespoons of the tomato sauce.
4. Add 2 more lasagna sheets, and repeat until you’ve made a total of four layers, as described above. Top with the last 2 sheets of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining tomato sauce evenly over the lasagna.
5. Cover and cook on low for 1½–2 hours.